Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tiny Titans #7



Tiny Titans #7
Created by Art Baltazar and Franco
Published by DC Comics


I didn’t think I was going to like this book. A lot of people have been telling me to read certain books that kids should like but a lot of them are pretty boring. I tried the Shazam and Franklin Richards kids books but it was too much talking. There was a lot of talking in some of the other kid books, too but a lot of people said, ‘read Tiny Titans, you’ll like Tiny Titans’ so I tried it. I didn’t like the cover so much but read the comic anyway.

It was one of my favorite comics this week. I think it’s a great idea to have a picture of all the characters on the first page with their names so I could keep track of everyone better. I laughed hard when I saw that Deathstroke was the principal. That would suck to have him as my principal.

There were a lot of things to like about this book. I like that the words were really big. It made it a lot easier to read what everyone was saying. I think that’s a good idea. There were some real funny parts, too.

I like how Psimon was playing checkers in the beginning and the big monkey kept bothering him and telling him it was his move all the time. Psimon has a real big brain and Wondergirl calls him Brainiac, which really upsets him. People seem to bug Psimon a lot and later on Wondergirl teases him about wearing a dress but he says it’s a robe.

It was really pretty funny when the Aqualad was playing with his toys and he had a toy shark bite the head off of an Aquaman action figure. I don’t know why he did that but I laughed.

The big story is that a bunch of the Tiny Titans to go to Starfire’s home planet to help her clean her room. It takes forever to get there but they all do a good job of helping her. Kid Flash is the best because he can just clean everything up really fast and get it done with.
Because it takes so long to fly to the planet the Tiny Titans are scared that they’re going to get in big trouble.

It was neat that all the real superheroes showed up and were talking about getting them grounded but they only showed their legs and not their faces or anything. Tiny Supergirl visits and the Titans tell her to spin around the Earth to make everything go backwards in time which is a great idea.

The art was more cartoony than most comic books but I still enjoyed it. I like how they drew Kid Flash and Robin the most. Things were really easy to see.

This comic was a lot better than I thought it would be and I will be reading it again.

My Rating: 9.5 out of 10

4 comments:

Dean Trippe said...

DUDE this is one of my favorite monthly books. Glad to hear you dug it too. :)

Anonymous said...

As adults, we always assume to know what kids should read and what they'll like to read. I loved your comments about why you don't like most of the "kids" books. Keep up the great reviews.

Anonymous said...

I really liked reading your review about this issue! You have well thought out comments and reviews, and it's great that you take out the time to post them up here! I'm 17 and I find Tiny Titans great as well! It's a good read without having serious or complicated plots!

PS: In case you're looking for more stuff to try out, I'd recommend the original 'Teen Titans' series, from 1966 and on. The stories are very fun to read, but they also have more serious plotlines than Tiny Titans. You should give it a shot since you've already gotten a dose of Titans goodness with Tiny Titans! You can read about all the groovy adventures of Robin, Wondergirl, Speedy, Kid Flash, ands Aqualad! =)

-Francine S.

Anonymous said...

My friend and I always talk about how much fun Tiny Titans is. We love it.

Some of my friends have actually met the guys who write and draw the comic. My friends said that they were both really nice guys.

 
Comic Blog Elite