Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Amazing Spider-Man #572



Amazing Spider-Man #572
Written by Dan Slott and Illustrated by John Romita Jr
Published by Marvel Comics


Spider-Man is one of the best books all the time because there is always so much stuff going on. The bad guys are trying to help Venom, Anti Venom is still around, a new bad guy called Freak is in it and Norman Osborn finally wears the Green Goblin costume.

I couldn’t believe the page with Freak. There is no way that if his leg and body was cut open like that there would only be a little bit of blood on the wall like there was. It would be covered! That was a really gross part but the guy draws it very well.

I like how Norman Osborn has his secret hideout in his office where all of his gear is. That was pretty cool. And I am glad that Norman was wearing the costume finally since I thought he was going to become Green Goblin a long time ago. I really liked the phone call that Norman and Harry had and Harry is like, ‘are you wearing the mask again’. His family has problems.

Bullseye finally gets to do something, too. I like when Bullseye and Osborn’s troops attack Peter Parker and his friends because they can track him now and Bullseye bets that he can take Spider-Man out with just glass and nails. Bullseye and the troops were really kicking Spider-Man’s butt. His costume was getting torn a lot and I don’t think I’ve ever seen him get so bloody.

My favorite part was how Spider-Man threw his tracer at Bullseye but Bullseye catches it and throws it back really hard and hits Spider-Man right in the neck. It really looked like Spider-Man was going to get captured or killed but crazy Anti-Venom came back and rescued him even though Spider-Man doesn’t want his help. It was a little funny that Anti-Venom found Spider-Man’s camera and that made Spider-Man figure out why he was losing the fight so bad.

Spider-Man does a very cool move where he webs the tracker to Bullseye so all the troops think Bullseye is Spider-Man and shoot him instead. I liked Anti-Venom helping Spider-Man beat up the bad guys, too.

The Green Goblin looked a little different than what I was used to. I don’t know what it is but it looks like it was drawn differently than before. It’s not worse or better but it seems different in a way. But I did like the art in the book. The Freak stuff was gross but drawn well. Bullseye looked really good and the battle between his and Spider-Man was very brutal and cool.

The end of the book was the greatest part. It was the best! I liked how the Goblin puts that serum into Venom to try and make him get his strength better but instead of just becoming Venom again he turns into a Venom Scorpion. That was friggin great! It’s my favorite last page and I really want to see how the Scorpion Venom fights Spider-Man. He’s gotta be so super tough to beat. I think Spider-Man is going to have to team up with Anti-Venom again even though he doesn’t like him because the Scorpion Venom is going to be way too strong.

Next issue is going to be soooo good.

My Rating: 9.5 out of 10

No comments:

 
Comic Blog Elite