Sunday, September 7, 2008

Green Lantern Corps #27



Green Lantern Corps #27
Written by Peter Tomasi and Illustrated by Luke Ross
Published by DC Comics


Green Lantern is one of the best superheroes out there. I like how there are so many of them and they all have different costumes and look different but still have the same powers. I think it’s cool that there is a whole friggin team of them.

I read two Green Lantern books this week, but there was more going on in this one. There were more Green Lanterns in the book and it took place now instead of older times and I only wanted to review one Green Lantern book. This was my favorite of the two books although I thought it was awesome when Green Lantern Hal made a jet crash into the bad guy in the other book.

There was a lot of interesting stuff in this comic. I like how two of them started a restaurant on an alien planet but one of the aliens doesn’t know what a cheeseburger is.

I like how there are so many different kinds of Green Lanterns. I thought the one who looked like a giant bee was the coolest but there was even a monkey Green Lantern, too. I also liked the Green Lantern who is able to talk to dead Green Lanterns.

It was pretty wild that there was a planet that was eating one of the bad guys. I couldn’t believe that. I laughed when the Green Lanterns said that the planet’s fart was going to be awful.

I thought the Green Lanterns practicing on each other was neat and how they were using their rings to do battles.

One part that was very surprising was when all the Green Lanterns thought it was raining heavy but the rain was really eyeballs. The eyeball scene was a little gross. The bad guy that nobody knows about goes to a planet where the Green Lantern who looks like a bear lives and kills everyone there and steals their eyes. I couldn’t believe he killed all of them just because they were friends and family of a Green Lantern. But then he went to the planet where all the Green Lanterns were and started dropping all the eyes on them. Very gross.

The art in this comic was pretty good. I like how they drew a whole bunch of different Green Lanterns, especially the aliens and the bee Lantern. The eyeballs falling from the sky looked good, too even though it was creepy. And the evil monster on the last page looks like a great bad guy. I also like how a lot of the pages look green and not because of the Green Lanterns. ‘

I wish the Green Lanterns would have used their powers more though. Their rings are awesome and they should be showing them using them a lot. Other than that it was good.

My Rating: 8 out of 10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked Green Lantern when I was your age for the same reasons -- I thought the aliens were really cool. Tomar-Re (the fish-headed GL) was the greatest, and I liked that he and Hal Jordan were friends.

Your review was fun to read, and I look forward to seeing more of your opinions.

Anonymous said...

I really liked the "bee" Green Lantern too. I liked how I had no idea who he was when I picked up the book, but when I was done, I really wanted to see more of him. That was true of a lot of the Lanterns (I too get excited about how different they all are, but have the same powers).

Excellent review, I look forward to hearing more of your opinions!

 
Comic Blog Elite