Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hulk #5


HULK #5
Written by Jeph Loeb and Illustrated by Ed McGuiness
Published by Marvel Comics




What I liked best about this issue was that the Red Hulk was fighting Thor for a long time. It was cool to see a god like Thor go against the Hulk and have such a long, brutal fight. I couldn’t believe that they took the fight into space and battled out there, but it was neat when the Red Hulk grabbed Thor’s hammer and started beating him with it. My favorite part was when Red Hulk threw Thor into the moon and just left him there. It seems like the Red Hulk can beat anyone!

I also liked that the Green Hulk was in it, too, with A-Bomb. They could have just had the Red Hulk and Thor fighting the whole time and it would have been good, but showing the Green Hulk and A-Bomb was a nice surprise and it made the book better.

I was also very surprised to see Iron Man and some of the other superheroes in it making a team with the Green Hulk to go after the Red Hulk. I bet that next issue is going to have a lot of huge fights. The Red Hulk is pretty tough, though and he’s beat up a lot of people. I don’t know if Green Hulk’s team is going to be enough to stop him.

The one thing I didn’t like was that there weren’t any army guys or tanks or anything going after any of the Hulks. There was a lot of cool fighting, but there weren’t any real people in it…just superheroes or Hulk type monsters. I think it would have been better if there were some real people in it to go along with everything else.

The art was pretty good. I like how big the Green Hulk and Red Hulk look. They look a lot bigger here than other places I’ve seen them and I think that’s how it should be. The Green Hulk still looks very tough, but the Red Hulk seems even tougher with the way he has yellow eyes.

My Rating: 9 out of 10

6 comments:

Bully said...

Sometimes that's all you need from a comic--two big multicolored guys beatin' each other up! Sounds like fun!

nihilance said...

Wait? Red Hulk wielded Mjolnir?

jeremy-dale said...

That's pretty much how I feel about the issue as well! Nicely done.


- jeremy dale

krpykrwly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
krpykrwly said...

I agree with you on the art. Hulk should always be an intimidating figure that looks like he break other heroes.

Gavin said...

Great review of a comic I'm not reading. Maybe I'll have to check it out. Keep the reviews coming.

 
Comic Blog Elite