Thursday, August 14, 2008

Amazing Spider-Man #567




Amazing Spider-Man #567
Written by Marc Guggenheim and Illustrated by Phil Jimenez
Published by Marvel Comics


This comic was awesome!

I liked how the real Spider-Man was able to beat Vermin and keep him tied up with all of his webbing and then he needed Vermin’s help to find his roommate. Vermin wasn’t all bad. He was more scared than bad, and then he even told Spider-Man where to find his friend so that was good.

The fight in the tunnel was real cool. I liked how Spider-Man and his friend teamed up and were trying to fight the girl Kraven but she kept finding ways to win. She was really tough. It was cool when the roommate did a sneak attack against girl Kraven to help Spider-Man. There were a lot of cool fights in the tunnel and each time it looked like the good guys would win, Kraven did something better.

One of my favorite parts was when Spider-Man gave his friend a web shooter and had to teach him how to use it. It was pretty funny that the guy wearing a Spider-Man costume didn’t know how to use the webs and when he did it was great. I also thought it was cool how Vermin came back at the end and helped Spider-Man and his friend get away.

It was cool seeing Harry at the hospital. I wonder if he’s going to be the Green Goblin soon?

My other favorite part is when Spider-Man went to the hospital to talk to his roommate. He had to lie to him to protect his secret and the roommate punched him out because he was mad.

I liked at the end how they showed Kraven’s wife and the daughter and that there’s a whole family of people that hates Spider-Man. It’s cool how Kraven didn’t win but she didn’t get captured either. They are pretty cool villains and I hope they come back to fight Spider-Man soon.

The art was very good, just like the other issue. Daredevil’s eyes still look sort of weird but everyone else was great. All the battles were great and Vermin is drawn really good. I think the only thing that could have been better would be for the real Spider-Man to be in his costume instead of his roommate.

I really liked the picture on the last page showing the Venom costume underneath Spider-Man’s shirt. If Venom takes over Spider-Man next issue it’s going to be awesome.

My Rating: 9.5 out of 10

1 comment:

Ed Sizemore said...

I just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading your reviews. You do a great job of pointing out specifically what you like and don't like in each book. I’m a little jealous. I loved comics at your age too, but I was never able to articulate my thoughts as well as you're doing. You’ve made a loyal reader of your blog, so please keep up the good work.

If you like good fight scenes, I hope you will go to the local library or book store and check out the manga books. They have wonderful fight scenes too. I think you might like Dragonball, Naruto, or Bleach. I would love to see what you think about these books.

 
Comic Blog Elite