Saturday, October 18, 2008

Amazing Spider-Man #573



Amazing Spider-Man #573
Written by Dan Slott and Illustrated by John Romita Jr
Published by Marvel Comics


This is the last part of the big Spider-Man story with Green Goblin, Venom and Anti-Venom. This story has been a lot of fun. Spider-Man got to fight a lot of cool bad guys and a new bad guy came out called Anti-Venom. He was the first Venom. And the new Venom got a cool new Scorpion costume. There was a lot of good stuff in the story.

I really liked the picture of Spider-Man and Anti-Venom that took two pages. They look very cool swinging above the city and I like how Spider-Man has put webbing over all his injuries but there is still blood all over his costume. Spider-Man is really funny the way he talks to Anti-Venom. I like that he tells Anti-Venom they’re going to split up because he doesn’t like him. And he says that Anti-Venom is a really stupid name and should have picked a better name. One cool part was how Eddie changed his suit so he looked like Spider-Man and then his suit started to change and it looked like a mix between Spider-Man and Anti-Venom. That was a cool looking drawing.

I thought the battle between Spider-Man and Green Goblin was really good but it should have been longer. I like how Spider-Man jumped on his back and tried to get him to leave Harry Osborn alone. And I like how Goblin presses a button to get his glider to come out in a remote control out of a secret spot. And Spider-Man gets really mad that the Goblin keeps pressing buttons and different bad things start happening. Spider-Man takes over the glider and makes it crash into the wall and starts bashing Goblin’s head against it to beat him.

I really liked the fight between Scorpion/Venom and Anti-Venom. It was very cool how the Scorpion Venom used his tail to slice into Anti-Venom and that hurt him real bad. The Scorpion Venom was able to make Eddie get really weak and the costume disappeared off of him.

The fight with Spider-Man and Green Goblin is a tie. The building blows up and they both just go to their own spots. I like how Peter was looking for clues in the destroyed office and was trying to reach for the book and Harry’s girlfriend took his arm and kissed him. Peter got nervous because he didn’t want Harry to get mad, but Harry didn’t see. I think she knows that the secret Goblin equipment is back there and she stopped him on purpose. My prediction is that she is Menace Goblin because they both have long hair and she knows where Goblin equipment is. And Menace uses a gun and sometimes girls like guns. You’ll see I’m right.

There was a lot of good art. I like the picture of Anti Venom and Scorpion Venom fighting and how the suit came off of him. I like the big picture of how the Green Goblin was jumped on by Spider-Man. I like how Spider-Man had Green Goblin in a neck lock and then punched him in the head to get him to shut up. That was a real cool move.

This would have been a 10 but I didn’t like that there was another story in it that was sort of weird. I didn’t really like the guy who’s running for President. I never even heard of him before. I think it would have been cooler to see Spider-Man team up with John McCain or Barack Obama. I got those comics, too, but didn’t review them yet.

This comic had two great battles in it but my favorite one was the Venom vs Venom because they both have the same types of powers and Venom with Scorpion powers is great. I think a great idea would have all of the Goblins fight next. Harry and his dad could fight Menace Goblin and Hobgoblin. That would be awesome!

My Rating: 9.5 out of 10

No comments:

 
Comic Blog Elite