Thursday, September 4, 2008

Amazing Spider-Man #570



Amazing Spider-Man #570
Written by Dan Slott and Illustrated by John Romita Jr
Published by Marvel Comics


I think Spider-Man has to be one of the best comics ever. There’s always something good in every issue. I really like this new story with Norman Osborn, Menace and the two Venoms.

I thought the fights in the book were incredible. The whole issue is pretty much a battle between Anti-Venom, Venom and Spider-Man. My favorite was the double punch where Venom and Anti-Venom both punch Spider-Man at the same time and he gets knocked across the street to another building. That was so cool. My second place one is the part where the two Venoms are just grabbing each other and smashing through the wall.

A cool surprise was that Menace was in the book again. He’s a good bad guy to have around and I thought it was different because the police chased him off instead of a superhero.

I liked how Anti-Venom teamed up with Spider-Man to battle Venom. It was a good fight. Anti-Venom is sort of a good guy and sort of bad and he used his weird powers and made his tentacles go into Venom to destroy the alien costume. And then he did that same thing to Spider-Man.

Spider-Man was pretty funny, too. My favorite Spider-Man joke was when he said that Venom needed a hug while he was holding him down. I also thought it was funny when he called the two Venoms salt and pepper.

One of my favorite parts was when Anti-Venom almost killed an old man by throwing a truck out of the way and Spider-Man zoomed in to stop the truck from crushing the old man. Whenever Spider-Man shows how strong he is it’s always great.

The art was really good again. Anti Venom looks really fantastic. I think white is a cool color for the costume with the black on his face. He’s creepier than the regular Venom. I like the drawings of Menace, too. I like how he looks on his glider and how his eyes are drawn differently. It makes him look really evil. Another good picture is when Spider-Man first attacks Venom and nails him in the stomach. It was like, ‘oooff’. There were a lot of great pictures of Spider-Man in the book. They looked good whether he was just swinging around the city or fighting the Venoms.

This book had a lot more action in it than before. The fight between Venom and Anti-Venom was awesome and Spider-Man fighting made it even better. Norman Osborn and Menace meeting is pretty interesting. I hope there is a battle between the two goblins coming up just like the two different Venoms.

My Rating: 9.5 out of 10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah it great to hear a perspective from a 7 year old, I’ll be looking for more of his reviews, thanks.

 
Comic Blog Elite