Friday, March 20, 2009

All Hail Megatron #8



All Hail Megatron #8
Written by Shane McCarthy and illustrated by Guido Guidi
Published by IDW


I know a little bit about the Transformers. I saw the movie and some of the cartoons and some of the toys but I never read the comic before. It was a little hard to figure out what was going on because there were a lot of issues before this one. On the first page it tells you a little bit about the book and what happened before. That made it easier to figure out what the story was about but I got confused about who was who since I don’t know that much about Transformers.

One thing I liked a lot was the art. The Transformers looked really cool in the comic. The movie ones are okay but they all sort of look the same when they are in robot form. You can tell what they are when they transform but when they’re robots a lot of them look exactly the same. I like that in this comic the Transformers all look different. They are different sizes and colors and even the faces look different. I thought it was a little weird that you can see their teeth when they talk but it’s not a big deal.

There is a lot of action in the book. The good Transformers are running away from the Decepticons and a bunch of them are hurt. One of the good guys betrayed them to the Decepticons and no one knows who it is. They Autobot made a deal with the Decepticon Starscream to destroy the bad guy leader Megatron. No one likes him. Even his own guys don’t like him and Starscream just wants to be the leader anyway so he doesn’t care what happens. The Autobots and Decepticons have been having a war for a long time and the Autobot wants to go to his home planet and let the Decepticons have Earth if they made the deal and kill Megatron together. The Autobots are really mad about the deal because they found out about it too late.

My favorite part in the book was when the Decepticons found a couple of humans hiding together and asked if they wanted to play a game. The Decepticons are so huge that they wanted to do crazy things like pull on the humans and stuff and basically they ripped the humans apart. And then he’s like, ‘they’re so messy’ and wonders if he can put them back together. They didn’t show anything, though. He was just talking about what happened. I really liked the chase over the cliff, too. I thought it was weird that the Transformers didn’t just fly from one side to the other but they were hurt so maybe they couldn’t use those powers. They were still able to get away and blow up the one bridge that was still working so the bad guys couldn’t follow them.

The ending was very creepy. The Autobots are talking about how they were ambushed and wondering if there were any other traitors and then there is a picture of this creature that looks like it’s a mix of being a robot and a human. I have no idea if it is another Transformer or something else or if it has any sorts of powers.

I liked the book. I just need to find out who some of the characters are because I don’t know a lot about the Transformers. I really like how the artist draws all of the different robots and how they look when they transform. I think the Transformers look a lot better in the comic than they do in the movie and I’m probably going to read the next issue at least to find out what is going on.

My Rating: 8.5 out of 10

No comments:

 
Comic Blog Elite