Monday, August 3, 2009

Amazing Spider-Man #600



Amazing Spider-Man #600
Written by Bob Gale, Mark Guggenheim, Joe Kelly, Stan Lee, Dan Slott, Mark Waid and Zeb Wells and illustrated by Mario Alberti, Mitch Brewster, Colleen DoranMarcos Martin, and John Romita Jr


This is one of the biggest comic books I ever read. The comic is huge. The main story is really, really long and I liked it because I didn’t have to wait for a bunch of issues to come out to find out the end.

Doctor Octopus is dying because he’s been beaten up so many times by Spider-Man and other super heroes so he has a new suit with extra tentacles because his arms and legs don’t work anymore. His new costume is very creepy. I thought it was interesting that even though he’s the big bad guy in this comic and he built all these robot things in New York that go nuts that he really wasn’t trying to hurt anyone. He thought that he was going to be helping people but it just didn’t work out. That’s different.

I liked that a lot of Spider-Man’s friends show up like the Avengers, Fantastic Four and Daredevil. He’s been around a long time and he is an Avenger so it’s cool when they show up in his comic to help out. The only thing I didn’t really like about the main story is that Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus really didn’t battle each other very much. Spider-Man spends most of the time fighting the robots that took over New York and having his friends help him but the real fight with Doctor Octopus is pretty short. I would like to see what happens now that Doctor Octopus is really angry with all this new power when he comes back.

The guy who draws the main Spider-Man story is one of my favorite artists. I usually like all of the Spider-Man artists but he does a really good job with how he draws Spider-Man in the costume and all the buildings and stuff. I remember that he drew Anti-Venom and made him look even cooler than Venom.

The other stories were pretty good, too. I liked how the one story showed all the different versions of Spider-Man and how he made the doctor crazy from talking about all his adventures. The story about Spider-Man’s car was funny, too. I don’t know if Spider-Man really needs a car and the one he used looked really weird but it was supposed to be sort of a silly story. The different fake covers that they did were a lot of fun. My favorite ones were the one with Spider-Man and Luke Cage’s sons and the one where it’s supposed to be Batman but they can’t show it.

My Rating: 9 out of 10 (Main Story: 9 out of 10)

3 comments:

Markus said...

I also loved that story where Spidey went to visit a shrink. Stan Lee's cleverly managed to cover the entire Spidey history (the highlights, at least) in as little as 12 pages. Talk about the work of a real genius! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, keep up the good work!

comic book review said...

Issue #600 was excellent. It was a great milestone for Spidey

 
Comic Blog Elite